Extinguishing the fire in the fire place
As the sun begins to warm us more each day, and the cold and snow are a sporadic thing… Besides hanging up our coats in the closet it is time to prepare our fireplaces for a long seasonal rest, and also be ready for next winter.
- First, be certain that all the ashes are thoroughly cooled. It is better to allow more than a day to be 100% sure. Take them out with a brush and a shovel or vacuum them with an old vacuum cleaner. I suggest you wear a mask to avoid inhaling ashes during the process.
- Afterward use a tough bristle brush, and clean the sides inside the chamber to loosen all the accumulated soot.
- Use an aluminum sheet and clean the sides with soap and water. The sheet must be discarded at the end of the procedure.
- Vacuum again.
- Outside the chamber the wall and surroundings may be stained by smoke and soot, which are difficult to remove. For best results use a “Magic Eraser.”
- Finally, remember to leave the flue closed until next winter, to keep debris carried by the wind, birds, and rodents from entering the home.
Although anyone can clean a fireplace inside and out, it is a long and difficult process, better left in the hands of experts. Don’t forget to contract the services of a professional to clean the ducts in your stove.
Spring Cleaning Time, Open Your Windows and Welcome back the Spring Finally it is that time of year, spring cleaning time. Time to open your windows and welcome back the Spring. The warm weather and glorious sunlight means that the cold and harsh winter is coming to an end and it is finally time to […]
Patios and terraces: An extension of our homes The patios and terraces of our homes, no matter the season, are preferred places for entertainment. This is why during my cleaning visits I pay appropriate attention to these areas. There are times during the year when this becomes difficult, especially in the spring. When the winter […]
Let your marble shine in the kitchen counters Marble is a beautiful addition to any home, often used for kitchen countertops, dinning and coffee tables as well as bathroom accents. But along with being beautiful marble can be very difficult to clean. Marble is very sensitive and because of the minerals it is composed from […]
A Sparkling Bathroom: Perfect Cleaning in all surfaces Let’s face it, when it times to clean the bathroom, very few people know how to do it right. When looking to refresh your vacation rental in Santa Fe or simply for a Deep Cleaning, you can be sure to turn to us, Ana Valenzuela Cleaning Services, […]
The Magic of Art at Home No home is complete without art. Our collections, which are not only for decorative purposes, but as an honest interpretation of our inner selves and our inner artistic nature. It is the magic of art at home. The great thing about art is that not only does it make […]
Extinguishing the fire in the fire place As the sun begins to warm us more each day, and the cold and snow are a sporadic thing… Besides hanging up our coats in the closet it is time to prepare our fireplaces for a long seasonal rest, and also be ready for next winter. First, be […]
Care for Your Wood Beams High ceilings with visible beams accentuate the contrast of the natural color of the wood. This is a classical element of Santa Fe’s traditional architecture, and one which increases the feeling of warmth in a home. It is important to integrate those beams as part of our cleaning and maintenance […]
Adobe Clay: How to Maintain it Every year, the city of Santa Fé in New Mexico attracts more and more tourists due to its unique architecture centered on the use of adobe clay, giving the city its brownish charm. And only selected professional cleaning services know how to take care of it to keep it in […]